Enjoy the amazing park of Komodo (Flores -Indonesia) aboard our traditional schooner
We organize trips throughout the year, from Labuan Bajo-Flores (Indonesia), gate of the National Park of Komodo:
- Private cruises aboard our magnificent traditional schooner built entirely of teak wood.
- Custom programs which include cruising for 3, 4, 5 days or more. Itinerary always adaptable to the taste of the client.
- Exciting activities for everyone including : traditional villages, the incredible sites and dragons of Komodo National Park, snorkeling and scuba diving among some of the most beautiful underwater sites in the world, trekking on isolated small islands, swimming and lazing on the heavenly white sand beaches…
Located a few miles from Flores, the Komodo National Park includes the islands of Komodo, Rinca and a multitude of small uninhabited islands, fringed with white sand and seabed particularly rich.
We invite you to discover Rinca and exploring the famous Komodo dragons, the last survivors of the prehistoric era.
The island is also home to many macaques, wild boars, deer or wild buffaloes. Besides the magnificent scenery of savannah, you can also swim in the turquoise waters and explore great diving underwater and surface. You will sail aboard the yacht only present in the Komodo Park. Sensation will be guaranteed when the ship downwind!
Sailing lover or just hoping for an incredible escape in the Komodo park, Ikan Terbang yacht can be yours for one day. As the meaning of its name, literally “Flying fish”, you will be amazed by the impressive cruising speed of this schooner, built following the ancestral methods of the “Bugis” people of Sulawesi.
Port of registry: Serangan, Bali
Length: 17 m.
Beam: 4.5 m.
Draft: 2 m.
Engine: Mitsubishi 130 HP
Fuel capacity: 800 litre
Top speed: 10 knots
Top sailing speed: 8 knots
Fresh water capacity: 1000 litre
Safety: Life raft for 10 passengers
Communication: Icom VHF
Navigation: GPS Garmin 420 – Fish finder – Deep sounder
Tenders: Dinghy 3m. with Yamaha 15HP
No. of Passengers: 6 persons (crew excluded)
Facilities on Board:
-> Flat screen DVD
Bose Music sound system (bring your iPod!)
WC – Shower
Inside lounges, with sofas that convert into couchettes
Children's games as well as Chess, playing cards, books…
Snorkeling and Diving Equipment for adults and children
WIFI in some part of the park
Ikan Terbang also provides :
- A quality traditional sailboat experience
- A dedicated & attentive crew taking care of your every desire
- A professional Dive Master PADI & guide speaking fluent English, Franch and Indonesian
- The highest attention to safety & security on board :
10 life vests strategically placed around the boat
Individual rescue equipment for all passengers
Onboard comprehensive first aid & oxygen
State of the art navigation equipment: VHF radio, GPS, depth sounder & digital mapping